Monday, October 30, 2006

1 year Anniversary. T minus 5 days

My anniversary is coming up. (see my pretty kitty below a few posts down).
It is a joyous time. I've made it a year.
There is close to a 50% divorce rate here in the US. I'm not likely as a statistic, to ever get divorced, here is why:

Factors

Percent Decrease

in Risk of Divorce
Annual income over $50,000 (vs. under $25,000) -30
Having a baby seven months or more after marriage (vs. before marriage) -24
Marrying over 25 years of age (vs. under 18) -24
Own family of origin intact (vs. divorced parents) -14
Religious affiliation (vs. none) -14
Some college (vs. high-school dropout) -13

So doing the math (given I meet all of those), assuming there is a 100% chance of divorce for the average individual it comes out to 100% * .70 * .76 * .76 * .86 * .86 * .87 = 26.02%. If there starting number is less than 100% I'm even better off.

Not that I'd even ever consider it.
My wife is awesome. She's recently become even awesomer and as our second year together is beginning I am expectant of a very promising future.

We are working toward better communication (just finished a class) and making one another feel loved (we are both reading the five love languages)

I estimate that within five years we will become the zenith of married couples. We will eventually have our 2.5 children and we will love them.

Heres looking towards the future.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shin-yo said...

I love you. I am glad to see some of your thoughts tonight. You are a good husband. You are my best friend, and words really can't put into meaning the way God has woven us together. I still pray for you at random moments of the day, and I still get butterflies.... From your Aimee... even though I am using your name....

9:35 PM  
Blogger Shin-yo said...

What happened?

3:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home