Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Embedded Systems Conference

Plus: Spend whole week in San Francisco, get good free lunches courtesy of my company, cool seminars, no real work done.
Minus: More than an hour in the train every morning, have to get up a 6AM to catch train, bad seminars, I'm so tired!

So the first few days of the ESC have been good. Its so laid back and even though I'm being taught like I'm in school there are no tests. I caught a good talk on Sunday about scalable software systems using model-driven architecture. It was really good but the bit that stuck out to me was the idea that we should treat writing software as engineering (think factory standard) vs. craft (think pre-industrial revolution).
Even though I'm going to be "working" Sunday through Thursday I still have to go in to work on Friday. I hate deadlines!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home