Monday, February 28, 2005

Passion

I remember this one summer I decided I wanted to elevate my existence and feel alive and passionate again. I decided the best way to do it (besides drugs!) was to make the world fuzzy. I'm pretty sure this is how God sees (wait until I explain). So in order to accomplish this I of course had to wear lots of fuzzy velour clothing and get in the right mental mood. I usually accomplished this by showing up to a local show, letting my eyes blur until nothing is sharp, and letting my mind let the sounds go out of focus. Now previously my eyes saw sharply and my ears heard the definate. So pre-judgemental! But in my fuzzy state that all melted away, people and places were no longer classified and sorted but rather amalgamated as some sort of archetype. I saw things as they were rather than how I thought they were.
How does this story apply to passion? Well, in this objective state I saw the innate beauty of every object, everything was magical. In my head I loved everyone as closely as I could to how God loves everyone. When I let myself escape the fuzzy state my views of everything returned. I saw the ills of man and his desperate strive for attention and meaning.
During this time I wanted to live with my fuzzy love passion for everything but couldn't reconcile it with reality. What I've learned is that while I could temporarily change my sensory temporal life I couldn't permeanantly cause this passionateness.
This is one of the most important reasons for belief in God (besides faith). Humanity has no passion (or meaning) of its own. We try to create our own. Belief in a higher power instills us with passion not created of ourselves. This higher power is our reason and cause to exist and live. For nothing else do we need to live.
Absense of a higher power would cause us to keep searching in ourselves for passion and truth and ultimately lead us to discover that people really aren't all that special.
I hope this makes some sense. If not at least its probably at least worth a laugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home