Saturday, February 05, 2005

I am not a common person

So among the songs I've been listening to a lot lately is Common People by Pulp. Its all about this rich girl who wants to become a commoner and try as she might she never will be. She doesn't understand failure, poverty or common desires. She can't give up the education or the culture she is from and if she got tired of it her daddy would bail her out.
But still you'll never get it right
'cause when you're laid in bed at night
Watching roaches climb the wall
If you called your dad he could stop it all
Sometimes I feel like this song is my life. And no I'm not the common person. I'm the rich girl well not a girl but you know what I mean. Sometimes I have feelings of elitism, I can't justify having the desires of the people around me and the baseness of them disgusts me. Of course stupid elitist ideas make you solitary and so in reaction I wish I could be a common person.
And dance and drink and screw
Because there's nothing else to do.
But even that will never happen. Well the dancing will but try as I might to screw up my life my faith in God prevents me from doing the things I would want to do. Of course the things I want to do are worse by far than what God wishes me to do.
I'll never be a common person, my life is too good.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shin-yo said...

This is still true of you. I wish I understood you.

2:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home