Saturday, January 22, 2005

Coachella 2005

I went to Coachella last year and it was by far the most awesome festival I have ever been to. Kraftwerk, Radiohead, the Cure, Pixies and so many more made it all worthwhile despite the 110 degree heat that was killing everyone. They just updated the website and the official dates are Apr. 30 and May 1. This site has the list of confirmed bands (the official line-up hasn't been released yet.) The only confirmed bands I'm really looking forward to are Rilo Kiley and Miss Kittin. If Gang of Four and New Order will be making appearance, I will be sure to make an appearance. But as of yet I haven't decided whether to make an appearance. There is a ticket presale and the password is 'gobi'.
Things to remember:
- Will be 100+ degrees with $2 bottles of water which you must buy since you can't bring in your own.
- Parking is atrocious taking up to 4 hours to get out of the lot (4AM!).
- There IS an air conditioner in the video tent. This is key.
- Every music tent is hot and steamy, like a sauna.

Anyways when the lineup comes out I'll decide whether its worth it to go to or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home