Saturday, July 02, 2005

Colorado

I was in Colorado last week for Melon 2005, aka FWWTRN marrying (F)WOFWWTRN.
It was 5 days of pleasure and non-stop bliss.
My first impression of Colorado was a bit negative. Denver does not at all feel like what I expected Colorado to be. It was hot and smoggy. There were no trees and most importantly there were no mountains to be seen.
But with friends everything gets better. Kudos to the Hampton Inn for the nicest staff imaginable at a hotel along with late night pool activities. Not to mention there was Lipgloss, this cool dance night we went to and danced (and sweated) the night away. And who can forget late night Korean kareoke, many props to any place that has almost every Stryper hit stocked.
Boulder on the other hand was what I imagined Colorado to be and I instantly loved it. Small town, edging along mountains, plenty of trees and a cute downtown. The highlight of the town for me is the Boulder Dushanbe Tea House with its multitude of foreign and exotic teas, great food and gorgeous architecture. Of course nothing was more exciting than the day of the wedding at the world famous Boulderado. It was a succinct simple ceremony that got the point across and remained beautiful. I am so happy for the new couple and I'm looking forward to hangin out with them in SF when they finish Hunnymoonin.
Many thanks to Katy for accompaniment and car service!
Also, I'm feeling a bit undercultered as everyone else seems to be able to speak a foreign language except for me. I think I should take up french... it can't be much harder to learn than C++ can it?
Bon Tempes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home