Tuesday, May 10, 2005

People hide behind masks

One of my dearest friends has been living a lie. I haven't seen this person in quite a while but I'm not sure I want to again. I *stumbled* upon some secret diary of this person and read some horrifying stuff. Of destructive relationships that I thought were long parted that really weren't and were continuing in some perverse form of obsessive love. The internet is not a place to reveal your dark secrets. I was visiting this person and had no idea this relationship was ongoing. This person could never have told me face to face anyways. I know the pain suffered and the ridiculousness of it all, the kind of sick love that would drive someone to suicide, that is why they never told me. But now I know it was ongoing then and is still ongoing, and I'm disturbed as this friend is living a lie. Maybe those of us with twisted minds can't keep it together, I thought this person, of all people, could keep up the fight, but the battle seems lost.

I am so upset. May I never lead a duplicitous life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home