Tuesday, July 19, 2005

I'm really bad at keeping in touch!

I was thinking this evening about how incredibly bad I am at keeping in touch with people. Some friends are coming down from Washington next week that I haven't talked to in 6 months which is really a shame. Last month I tried to call up some friends from my old job who I just didn't call for a year and all their numbers have changed which is really sad. One of them spent a week last year with me on a road trip and I didn't even call him after that trip at all. I've lost so many friends to apathy. Friendship is like a plant, if you don't water it it dies and if you don't take good care of it it never grows.
When I graduated college I didn't want it to be like when I graduated high school. After high school I only kept in touch with 2 people. Only 1 do I now talk to.
Now that I've finished college there are a good 10 - 20 people I'd like to keep in touch with. But how does one do it? If I called one person per day I'd barely talk to everyone once a month.
The problem of course comes down to my dislike of communicating if it isn't face to face.
I'll have to detail my crazy 3 friend life experiment in some other post but suffice it to say I've never really been great at this long distance friendship thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home