Sunday, July 24, 2005

My failed friend experiment...

Last night I had a good long talk with one of my best friends from school Kristen. I hadn't talked to her in a while so it was good to catch up and have awesome meandering conversations about God/computers/craziness like we used to. It also reminded me of a few years ago how stupid I was....
[Story mode]
Once upon a time in the fair land of SLO was a foolish young man. He had just started a relationship with a girl at the time and spent a lot of time with her. In fact since she took up so much of his free time he had trouble keeping up with his other friends. Now from previous relationships this young man knew the tragedy it was to friends when he was in a relationship and ignored them. He vowed to not let it happen again. But how could he maintain so many friendships with so little time? He wrote in his journal, "All I feel is socializing with no goal is pointless. There should be a social hierarchy for who to talk to about problems. If person A can't answer questions move to person B." He decided all of his friends should have an assigned purpose. He started contemplating who would be what. Once he divied up the duties of each friend by talents and abilities he had so many extra friends left over he just had to let them go. Really, does anyone need more than five friends?
[/Story mode]
The point of this story is I totally had some good friends and thought I was being some sort of social revolutionary by firing my friends. Of course friendships fade and you see the value in the friends that you've left behind. I swear I was an idiot for doing such a thing but luckily I realized the foolishness and luckily my friends forgave me for my stupidity. I was able to salvage and repair the relationship with Kristen and I'm thankful to still know her. She keeps me out of trouble and always has encouragement for me whenever I talk to her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home