Monday, August 08, 2005

Mahalo

Today I went to the Aloha festival and experienced some hawaiian food. Pulled pork and huli-huli chicken (I'm calling it hula hoop chicken). The food was ok. There was also a ton of art/crafts but I didn't get any since I can't possibly need any trinkets. I did however buy some hawaiian coconut desert mix stuff that is like jello. Unfortunately, I left it in someones car.
http://www.pica-org.org/AlohaFest/

On a somewhat seperate note:
Hawaii culturally seems ok, but not awesome. I'm too much of an anglophile, bring on the British culture:
http://www.downloadfestival.com/
Everyone needs to get tickets to this. Modest Mouse, The Killers, Arcade Fire and Mindless Self Indulgence all on the same day. All killer no filler.

1 Comments:

Blogger Zorina Seva said...

You know in my native tongue, "mahal" means "love" and "halo" means "mix."

That totally translated "mixed love" in my head before even reading your post.

And after, I realized what a matching title you've got for your little Hawaiian experience. ;)

HAH!

P.S. Puppies are awesome! What's wrong with you? Mwahahahah

12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home