Tuesday, September 13, 2005

I feel like Chariots of Fire or something...

I got off work today and since I sat for 8 hours I decided to go on a job. I went down the street from my place and found the Bay Trail (map) and started hiking. If you look at the map you can see that it is predominantly over water, water that used to be part of the bay but is now part of the Sunnyvale wastewater treatment facility. Surprisingly it didn't smell bad but they were weird oozes and chunks floating in the water. The thing is nobody really goes out there because its sorta a hidden area to anyone but the locals.
Well I started walking out onto one of the dikes and noticed one thing: birds. Thousands of birds of several species were clustered on the dike ahead of me. Well I couldn't pass it up so I started running towards them and clapping my hands. A steady flow of birds took to the air as I got near, I felt some giant bubble around me that was pushing them away. It continued for about 200 ft and when I looked back over 500 birds were in the air due to me running through. It was really awesome to be there and I wish I only had a camera of some sort or even a witness to see the sheer excitement of it.
The one downside: walking through tons of bird crap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home